avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: avalon-excalibur/fortress/src/java/org/apache/avalon/fortress/impl/handler ProxyHelper.java
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2003 01:31:17 GMT
On Friday, February 28, 2003, at 07:18  PM, Peter Donald wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Mar 2003 10:49, Peter Royal wrote:
>> On Friday, February 28, 2003, at 05:51  PM, Peter Donald wrote:
>>> you do realize that this renders any protection offered by proxies
>>> absolutely
>>> useless. Thhis and the invocationhandler were deliberately made
>>> package
>>> access.
>>
>> whoops! I have reverted and added information into the javadocs to
>> that
>> effect.
>
> We may want expose the functionality you require via a protected final
> method
> in a new AbstractProxyHandler or even the base
> AbstractComponentHandler. What
> exactly do you need access for?

Just for its proxy-creating functionality, proxying an object with all
interfaces except for the lifecycle ones.

I had to switch from using the fortress serviceselector to making my
own "selector" component/container and just wanted to leverage that
class. I'm either going to leave the jar i build modified or copy the
classes into my tree (and make them protected for the same reasons :)
-pete