avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Excalibur Dist Phase I
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 17:45:10 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> I have put together a suite of components for Phase I.
>>
>> The location is here:
>>
>> http://avalon.apache.org/~bloritsch/excalibur-dist/
>>
>> Let me know what you think.
>

> Excalibur i18n
>
> 1. Does not need to be in the list.

Used by Pool.  Unless you are saying there has been absolutely
no change since it was last released.

> Excalibur Component (ECM)
>
> 1. Excalibur component documentation (index.html link to JavaDoc
>    points to the entire Avalon Javadoc - not the local component
>    package javadoc).
> 2. Excalibur Component index.html describes TestCase and not ECM

Hmm.  It is just title changing, or does it really describe TestCase?

> 3. excalibur-component and excalibur-component-complete have identical
>    extension names in their respective manifests (should be changed)

Ok.  Do you know how to merge the extensions from all the other
manifests automatically?

> Excalibur Instrument
>
> 1. Excalibur instrument documentation (index.html link to JavaDoc
>    points to the entire Avalon Javadoc - not the local instrument
>    package javadoc).
> 2. Content of the link to Insrument Manager needs to be improved.

:)  Volunteering?

> 3. Content of the link to Insrument Client needs to be improved.

Volunteering?

> 4. How-To links should be removed as they don't contain anything.

Doable.

> Excalibur Instrument Manager
>
> 1. seperation of instrument manager interfaces from implementation
>    is good however the AltRMI classes should be seperated out into
>    and independent server side AltRMI monitor package that should
>    probably be colocated with the instrument client (i.e. client and
>    server jars for an AltRMI monitoring solution) - see multiple
>    prior emails on this subject.

Just getting this thing out there to start the ball rolling.  Feel
free to make that change.

> Excalibur Logger 1.0.1
>
> 1. Content of the documentation is all about i18n, not Logger!

Hmm.  Alot of these docs were merely "starter pages" or placeholders,
so there are copy and paste issues at work.  Are you sure it is
describing i18n and not just need a fixed title?

> Excalibur Pool 1.2
>
> 1. Content of the documentation is all about i18n, not Pool!
> 2. Excalibur pool documentation (index.html link to JavaDoc
>    points to the entire Avalon Javadoc - not the local pool
>    package javadoc).

Same comment as above.

> Excalibur TestCase 1.0
>
> 1. The is zero documentation - at least an example should
>    be presented and perhaps a table of the principal
>    classes.
> 2. Excalibur testcase documentation (index.html link to JavaDoc
>    points to the entire Avalon Javadoc - not the local
>    package javadoc).

This is where we need some helpers with documentation.