avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: roadmap info needed
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:58:41 GMT

Leo Simons wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> A new and very important cocoon 2.1 subsystem (the flowscript
>> continuation manager) depends on Cornerstone Scheduler.
>>
>> What is the roadmap for it?
>

> releasing the cornerstone components is part of the "coordinated
> avalon release". We want to do a release of all of the cornerstone
> dependencies before we get to releasing cornerstone.
>
> Current blocker issue is excalibur-instrument, which ECM and fortress
> require, but which kinda depends on altrmi, which is unreleased. Also,
> we need some docs on instrument, and Steve is unhappy with some of the
> code IIUC. We might get to more showstopper issues in the cornerstone
> dependency tree, can't tell until we're done :D

Leo:

As far as the cornerstone-scheduler package is concerned there are no
"blocker" issues.  The dependency relative to the insrumentable suite
only concerns the excalibur-instrument package which is independent of
instrument manager and instrument client.  The issues I have raised
concern the need to separate out the transport in the instrument-manager
package into a separate build - and the need to either make the
instrument client transport independent or repackage it as a altRMI
specific instrument client.  Non of these issues impact the
excalibur-instrument package.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell