avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Huw Roberts <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LogKit dependency on JUnit
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 06:56:54 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:

> Huw Roberts wrote:
>
>> Leo Simons wrote:
>>
>>> ouch!
>>>
>>> this slipped through I guess because just about everyone has a junit
>>> lib inside their $ANT_HOME/lib. Which will probably fix things :D
>>>
>>> Release has already been made and voted upon though, so can't change
>>> that. No biggy I think. Feel free to patch cvs so it works in the
>>> next point release.
>>

>> logkit and framework have different styles for how they manage
>> dependencies.  can i switch it to use the framework style?  i.e. use
>> the check-targets.ent and check-targets.properties files.  Can i also
>> go ahead and do this for phoenix (which also needs junit)?
>

> +1

Ok, I've gone ahead and made the change.  While i was at it, i modified
the message that is shown when a jar is missing to request the user
either download the jar, OR setup ant.properties to point to an existing
location.  I have also checked in a sample properties file similar to
the one in framework.

If there are no complaints, i'll proceed to propagate the change to
phoenix and framework so they are all consistent.

- Huw