avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Neeme Praks <ne...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ServiceManager and ORBs (was: RE: Swing Component)
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 12:38:47 GMT

Leo Sutic ::
>                       -oOo-
>
> That said, the proxying results in other problems. We moved to
> the service.* classes due to the need of putting non-component
> objects in the service manager, such as a CORBA ORB.
>
> Since the ORB doesn't have an interface - i.e. there is no
> ORB interface, only an ORB class - proxying *will* fail.
>
> This goes for all classes that don't have an interface.
>
> Is this a problem, or am I overreacting?

Well, if we would use CGLIB for enhancing (note that I used the word
"enhancing", instead of "proxying"), then this is not an issue.

CGLIB enhancer functionality does not require class/interface
separation, it can generate a class that extends some base class and
implements any number of additional interfaces...

For some more details, check this out:
http://cglib.sourceforge.net/apidocs/net/sf/cglib/Enhancer.html

Rgds,
Neeme