avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Avalon Framework 4.1.4 RC 3
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:23:21 GMT
Leo Sutic wrote:
> 1. Marker interfaces ThreadSafe, SingleThreaded: How about doing a
> "soft" deprecation
>    of them in the same way as we did for component manager et al?
>
> 2. Recomposable is (softly) deprecated with the text:
>
>       The Reconfigurable interface is a legacy interface with no
>       concrete contracts.
>
>    Reconfigurable has no deprecation warning at all. Should we softly
> deprecate
>    all Re* interfaces, like Reconfigurable and Recontextualizable?
>
>    The typo (reconfigurable instead of recomposable) should be fixed
> anyway,
>    and I have done that.

As to the marker interfaces, +1 to soft deprecation.

For the Re* interfaces, I personally would make them hard-deprecated.
But, I will let the community decide.  We never really had any sensible
plan for using those.  We kept them in for legacy's sake, and in hind-
sight, I think that was a mistake.