avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PMC:VOTE] Release LogKit 1.2 Release Candidate 6
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 13:59:13 GMT
Neeme Praks wrote:

 > Anyway, instead of arguing and complaining for several days, someone
(and that someone could have been Stephen himself as well) should have
gone ahead and fixed the issue on the same day as it was brought up. As
Stephen pointed out, it only 5 minutes afterall...

Neeme, I am not against the changes.  I am against the timing.  Here we
have had six release candidates already, and this is just now being
brought up?

 > And, when it comes to the arguments if anything should be released
with a proper manifest or not... I have understood that Avalon is not
only about the framework, it is also about promoting well-behaved
components, etc... so, if it is a really easy fix (and it is) then it
should be fixed, no matter how many users currently find it usable (the
same JAR could stay around for a long time still).
 > If we ourselves cannot get this act together to make our releases
well-behaved, then who are we to promote this well-behavedness in the
first place...

 > Sorry, I just couldn't resist it...

It's fine to bring it up.  And I already detailed my plans for future
releases of Avalon projects, so can we please get all our ducks in a
row before we get to a vote on them?