avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Phoenix using beanshell / license problem.
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2003 19:13:33 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>>If the Beanshell is unmodified and the required notices are in place
>>>(as specified by section 3.5 of the license), then I see no obvious
>>>cause for concern with this license.
>
>>Pat does not actually distribute the license(s) itself, so this from the
>>netbeans site :
>
> See: http://www.sun.com/developers/spl.html
>
> If I read it correctly, since you distribute only a binary that you receive
> from Beanshell, it is his obligation to address 3.1 - 3.5, and your
> obligations are under 3.6, which state that "you include a notice stating
> that the Source Code version of [Beanshell] is available under the terms of
> this License."
>
> 	--- Noel

FYI: I found the license by thus:

http://www.beanshell.org/ =>
http://www.beanshell.org/license.html =>
http://www.sun.com/developers/spl.html

Anyway, I agree with Noel's conclusion.

- Sam Ruby

P.S.  As copyright holder, Pat is not bound by this license.  However,
it does appear that he has addressed sections 3.1 - 3.5, presuming that
no modifications were made to the binary received from the Beanshell site.