avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Phoenix using beanshell / license problem.
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2003 18:30:01 GMT
Sam,

> If the Beanshell is unmodified and the required notices are in place
> (as specified by section 3.5 of the license), then I see no obvious
> cause for concern with this license.

Pat does not actually distribute the license(s) itself, so this from the
netbeans site :

| 3.5. Required Notices.

You must duplicate the notice in Exhibit A in each file of the Source
Code. If it is not possible to put such notice in a particular Source
Code file due to its structure, then You must include such notice in a
location (such as a relevant directory) where a user would be likely
to look for such a notice.  If You created one or more Modification(s)
You may add your name as a Contributor to the notice described in
Exhibit A. You must also duplicate this License in any documentation
for the Source Code where You describe recipients' rights or ownership
rights relating to Covered Code. You may choose to offer, and to
charge a fee for, warranty, support, indemnity or liability
obligations to one or more recipients of Covered Code. However, You
may do so only on Your own behalf, and not on behalf of the Initial
Developer or any Contributor. You must make it absolutely clear than
any such warranty, support, indemnity or liability obligation is
offered by You alone, and You hereby agree to indemnify the Initial
Developer and every Contributor for any liability incurred by the
Initial Developer or such Contributor as a result of warranty,
support, indemnity or liability terms You offer.|

The usage of beanshell is 'instantiation' not modify, extend etc.

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/avalon-phoenix/src/java/org/apache/avalon/phoenix/components/kernel/beanshell/BeanShellGUI.java

Could you coach me a little please Sam?

- Paul