avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: requesting move of mailing lists to avalon.apache.org
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 19:21:39 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Leo Simons wrote:
>
>>thanks. You know, apps-dev and phoenix-dev were nuked some time ago (we
>>decided to move all dev traffic back to a single dev list); they should
>>not be open for posting and remain in some kind of existence only for
>>archive purposes. Can you disable posting and subscribing to apps-dev
>>and phoenix-dev?
>
> It would be best if we could delete the ezmlm dirs altogether and keep
> archives in http://avalon.apache.org/mail/.  We'd lose the list of
> existing subscribers, but that doesn't seem too bad to me.  Let me know if
> this is OK to do.

I think so. But why would we loose that list; why loose anything? That
information is somewhere, so it should be possible to extract it, right?
I dunno zip about ezmlm or qmail (I spent 4 hours compiling qmail the
other day and it won't fly %-)), but I am guessing there are just a few
files or dbs that can be archived. If that's doable, I'd like that.

cheers,

- Leo