avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: restructure jakarta-avalon
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 00:27:26 GMT

Status update:

Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote, On 05/02/2003 12.20:

> Leo Simons wrote, On 05/02/2003 11.14:
>
>> I'll be restructuring jakart-avalon a bit, as discussed yesterday.
>> It'll be briefly messy. Will say when done.
>

> Leo, great thanks for the hard work and effort.
>
> I've a bit ill ATM, so although I'm replying to mails, I had a hard time
> doing anything else
>
> Here are fixes I'm going to do:
>
>  1 - make Forrest render from simplified docbook

Fixing validation errors in those files, and banging my head on xinclude
that is /orthogonal/ to validation 8-)

>  2 - make avalon-tigris render the same in Mozilla and IE

Done. Added a complete DTD spec output for HTML in Forrest CVS version..

>  3 - use the Avalon logo

Now it's using the SVG to generate it dynamically to PNG.
Coul ddo the same when we get a correct SVG version of the Avalon logo.

>  4 - use the javadocs created by Gump instead of the ones in CVS

After point 1.

>  5 - update the site CVS with the updated skin
>      http://forrestbot.cocoondev.org/site/jakarta-avalon-site

After point 4.

Leo writes:

 > yeah, "Add the pages to filterlinks passed into the link view to avoid
 > generating pages in first place." (PD). Not really an idea what it
 > means. I think you do :D
 >
 > Basically the cocoon error pages are totally annoying when you know the
 > link is not actually broken (for example if apidocs are added in later
 > or if you link to '../index.html').

In these cases I'd prefer to do as Ant does, just put a page saying "the
docs were not generated".

 > Also, link checkers like Noel set up
 > will not be able to find the problem because they can't see that a link
 > is actually broken.

Aha! Yup, this *is* a good point. Will patch Cocoon.

 > So I want something simple, like
 >
 > forrest.properties
 > ------------------
 > # for generating of offline docs
 > link.index = http://avalon.apache.org/
 > link.api = api/
 >
 > forrest.no-error-pages=true
 >
 > forrest.properties.online
 > -------------------------
 > # for generating of online docs
 > link.index = ../index.html
 > link.api = http://nagoya.apache.org/gump/javadocs/somewhere
 >
 > forrest.no-error-pages=true
 >
 > book.xml
 > --------
 > <menu-item href="forrest:link.api" name="Javadocs"/>
 >
 > but I can't figure out how to do it.

You mean a link that changes if you are offline or online?
We ddefine links in site.xml now. So I guess you would need something
like a offline="" attribute... hmmm, gotta think about this.

I'll post something on this to Forrest-dev.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -