avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [patch] Add listeners for logger creation
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 23:12:39 GMT

Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>>- I see an inner class. these not considered evil anymore? Why not?
>>

>Why would anyone consider inner classes evil?  They are an absolutely
>appropriate and useful language feature when used properly.

(from memory)

If you declare state members as private, the bytecode gets hacked around
during compilation to enable package level  access so that the inner
class can access the private members it is referencing.  If you use
reflection you can access methods and members that you figured where
private at design time.

Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell