avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Removal of @deprecation tags
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 17:17:25 GMT
In Framework, it appears that the presence of @deprecation tags
will cause problems and confusion with Cocoon's users.  THey are
rather large, and slow moving so the change will definitely take
time.

The problem is *not* with the component writers.  People who are
writing components won't need or want to implement the Component
interface.  They won't even really need to acknowledge its
existence.  The issue is with Container writers.  Folks who write
containers for Cocoon blocks, etc. might experience some problems.
Especially those that are outside our control.

Nevertheless, to help the Cocooners in their goal, we have to
consider the removal of the deprecation warning as a Javadoc,
and change its representation to the user.

I suggest we change the deprecation warnings in the
org.apache.avalon.framework.component.* so they do not use
@deprecation.  I suggest we change the representation to

   with an explanation here.