avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [gump] cocoon2 build error
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 16:18:20 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:
> hi,
>
> It looks like the problem is that an extra required first argument,
> namely role, was added to the ComponentHandler methods. This role in the
> end results in a call to ComponentProxyGenerator.getProxy(), where this
> role argument is passed in.
>
> The role argument has to be a fully qualified classname, as it is simply
> used as m_classLoader.loadClass( role );.

Right.

> So, it seems to me that the additional role argument is totally
> redundant, and what should happen instead is that ComponentHandler
> should do a componentClass.class.getName() for passing in the role
> argument to the proxy generator.

It would be even better to simply pass in the role's Class object.
Keep in mind that it is the *ROLE* class and not the component
implementation class.

You need the component object for the proxy itself.
You need the interface name to make the face for the proxy, adding
to it the Component interface.  Otherwise we will run into problems
with final classes that cannot be extended.