avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ATTENTION] Too many brands on the fire!
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2003 21:38:17 GMT

Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>>a 1.1 release of LogKit (basically equivalent to CVS HEAD + update
>>to Log4J version, and adding a 1.1 tag) following by an immediate
>>cleanup of LogKit HEAD through removal of the deprecated content,
>>tag the update as 2.0 and relase under 2.0.
>>

>A little odd (in that v2.0 doesn't add anything, just removes), but do-able.

What was that expression - "less is more"?

>Any plans to add support to LogKit v2 for such things as log rotation
>policies, etc., to all be dynamically reconfigurable?

I personnaly would like to see effort focussed on a unified logging
solution under which LogKit 2.0 is the last of the LogKit line and
instead integration/synchronization with Log4J and others.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org