avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Public domain packages ( was Re: [A4] release plan thoughts )
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2003 21:17:15 GMT

Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Stephen McConnell wrote:
>> Also - what/where are the license details related to the Concurrency
>> package?
>
> Public domain.  (I.e. no license, no control).

Hmmm...

I don't think we can use packages with no license at all. IANAL, but
wouldn't it mean that no license == no grant of use? But actually it's
in the public domain, so it would be ridiculous that the author doesn't
it want to be used.

Can we rely on public domain packages and put them in CVS?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -