avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE:DIFF] Removing the ancient back-compatibility classes
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2003 20:00:45 GMT

Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Stephen McConnell wrote:
>

>> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>>
>>> Here is what the changes would entail.  Are we all +1?
>>>
>>> It is only a commit away, unless someone has some serious
>>> objections I want to get this done ASAP.  Please vote.
>>

>> Don't see any problems with the approach - but I don't understand why
>> your asking for a vote (no big deal).
>

> We are voting to remove classes that *used* to exist.  They have been
> deprecated for ages, but they will no longer exist after this release.
>
> Part of what did not get in that diff file is the removal of the
> src/compat/ directory with all its files.

Berin:

Could you start over and post a complete diff (not as a vote but just as
a proposal)?  As far as I can see it's not only the removal of
src/compat directory but also the updating of the java/src sources to be
independent of the src/compat sources - neither of which are referenced
in initial message.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell