avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Use Maven as official build tool
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2003 11:24:44 GMT
Nicola, Folks,

> This of course also means that we accept the POMs from Jason, and can
> commit any other build system too for comparative evaluation.
>
> What do you guys think, is this reasonable?

I think we should just hold off.  We have Ant scripts already, we are
not in need of some start of project magic.  It does not actually solve
anything.  Neither Centipede or Maven can be called defacto standards,
whereas Ant can be.  Could people reconsider this otherwise landslide
vote and just pend any decision until the Maven team can come back with
1.0 and some magic Ant-> Maven/Jelly trnsalator?

Regards

- Paul