avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Use Maven as official build tool
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2003 10:11:50 GMT

Peter Donald wrote:
> Maven is very very kool. I have been using it for a bit and love it. I just
> saw a change go in that makes it possible to change reports displayed too -
> yaya!
>
> However I don't think it should be our primary build tool till post maven-b8
> release. We can add in b7 project.xmls but I would prefer to keep the current
> build.xmls around until the future.

Previously, I had asked that the maven descriptor in the avalon CVS not
be in the main dir, not to confuse our users.

But as I now understand from this mail, it's also possible that we just
don't include it in the releases.

I'm against using any non-released buildtool in releases.

But given that there is much discussion on things that developers don't
even know what is about, I think it's in the best interest of all Avalon
that build tools alternative to Ant are included in the correct places
in our projects so that all developers can evaluate them and decide on
merit rather than feeling.

This of course also means that we accept the POMs from Jason, and can
commit any other build system too for comparative evaluation.

What do you guys think, is this reasonable?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -