avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: MX4JSystemManager and JNDI
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2003 05:19:21 GMT
On Sat, 22 Feb 2003 11:48, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Why does MX4JSystemManager.startRMIAdapter(MBeanServer) call:
>
>   System.setProperty( "java.naming.factory.initial", m_namingFactory );
>
> rather than following the example set in the MX4J documentation:
>
>   mbean.putJNDIProperty(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,
>
> "com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContextFactory");

> and: http://mx4j.sourceforge.net/docs/bk01ch03s16.html

I have a feeling that that approach was not available when the MX4j manager
was originally written. I will have a look at adding it in (especially
because it is reported as a bug against phoenix). Have you tried it - can you
confirm it works fine? (I wont be able to test it till wendsday).

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald