avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Jira for Phoenix
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2003 03:33:13 GMT
Hi,

I want to get to some of the stuff I was doing on phoenix - a lot of which
requires better task tracking software. However Bugzilla sucks and crashes my
browser :(

I would like to use Jira (http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/default.jsp).
It is the nicest piece of issue tracking software that I have ever used. Go
have a look at website and demo and I think you will find it is incredibly
user friendly and easy to use as well as producing nice reports. I have
introduced it into quite a few companies and once they started using it none
of them ever looked back.

The one downside is that it is not opensource but we do get a free license.
IIRC we also get to see the source if we want and 90% of its foundation is
opensource (from opensymphony project).

The negatives? First we would have to export from bugzilla and import into
jira which could be a bit of a problem. We will also have to find a host for
it (any volunteers?). I can provide a host but it will take 2-3 weeks before
I have time to set it up properly.

Thoughts?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"All my life I wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more
specific."
-- Jane Wagner