avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: [Excalibur] Release Path
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 13:36:57 GMT
Hi,

It seems we want to

naming has already been moved out and further development has go on at
spice.sf.net/jndikit. converter has also moved there.

baxter should be killed off as no one uses it, it encourages bad design and
has never been released.

threadcontext/jprocess can be merged and moved out of Avalon. I will do that
in a couple of weeks but there needs to be a bunch of work on them as neither
is really done well.

configuration should move to sandbox.

cli/i18n/extension can be migrated out.

datasource should be deprecated in favour of a wrapper around Commons DBCP.

mpool/pool can be deprecate in favour of Commons Pool

threadpool I can move out and provide a migration target.

loader can move out

policy can move out

event can move out.

xmlutil/sourceresolve can move to cocoon

monitor can be cleaned up/moved out

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald