avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: Log wars #23 [ was [VOTE] CommonsLogger.java]
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2003 12:13:52 GMT
On Sun, 9 Feb 2003 22:47, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> The fact is that it's really not feasable to pass loggers in an IOC way
> everywhere in bean code. I tried it with POI, and it was a mess.

That is because that code is not well factored. Separate out service code and
entity code and you will soon see that it is relatively easy because you only
need to do logging in the service code (or interceptors in systems that
support that). It is not surprising that you need global variables in code
that mixes active and passive code but just because some people decide to
code things like that does not mean we should encourage that behaviour.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald