avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>
Subject Re: request cvs renaming (was: Re: cvs repository symlink)
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 22:34:43 GMT
On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Leo Simons wrote:
> I guess this slipped through your busy schedule. Could you find some
> time or someone to do this:
>
> a) renaming /home/cvs/jakarta-avalon[-$foo] to /home/cvs/avalon[-$foo]

Done.  Note that there's a repos now called "/home/cvs/avalon" - not a
problem, just be aware.  The "avail" file has been updated with the new
location too.

> b) putting something temporary in the cvs/modules file that when someone
>    goes to update or commit under the old name, tells them to go to the
>    new one.

Let me know if what I put there makes sense.

> c) chgrp'ing /home/cvs/avalon-* to group "avalon", which all of you are
>    in.

Done.

> d) for now, making sure that commits to the avalon modules goes to the
>    "right place" at the avalon-*-cvs@jakarta lists, but eventually moving
>    that to *-cvs@avalon.apache.org.

Done, I think.  This just involved renaming the corresponding .qmail
files.  give it a try, let me know if it doesn't work.

	Brian