avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>
Subject Re: maven-style repository for avalon stuff?
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:11:21 GMT
On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 05:25, Peter Donald wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:51, Greg Stein wrote:
> > Maybe this statement is that you see ibibilio as temporary? Not sure how
> > to read it, but non-ASF-box distribution should be considered a bug to fix
> > asap, rather than a temporary solution. The ASF shouldn't participate or
> > condone actions or policies which (potentially) violate software
> > licenses.
>
> Ironically ibiblio is more compliant with licenses than the majority of
> Apache.

It certainly is now. Dion spent a great deal of his own time verifying
each package there and we ditched any non-compliant packages. Hopefully
we will get JAF and JavaMail back. With Geir's help I've at least
started discussions with Bill Shannon and Tom Kincaid at Sun. Hasn't
gone too far but it's a start.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl