avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Instrument package into Framework namespace
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:34:02 GMT

> From: Stephen McConnell [mailto:mcconnell@apache.org]
>
> I see something like instrumentation as an "extension" as it provides
> the classic client contract interface and the container side
> management
> aspects.

Agree completely, but where do we put the instrument package then?

So we put it in a completely separate package
(org.apache.excalibur.instrument,
or similar), or do we put it into some kind of "extensions endorsed by
Avalon" package org.apache.avalon.extensions.instrument?

I completely agree on the problem - that while instrument has
framework-like interfaces, it isn't part of framework proper -
but well, where do we put it?

/LS