avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: [Fortress] Dispose bug
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 09:31:42 GMT
Berin,

this sounds like an issue with proxies. The StaticBucketMap should
be able to handle proxies, as long as the key being put == the
key being get.

I'm not that keen on the solution applied - it assumes that a
component's
toString() method returns the same value all the time. This may be true
for
any sensible component implementation, but:

 1. It is a hack. toString () returns <className>@<hashCode>,
    which isn't guaranteed not to lead to collisions.

 2. The requirement on toString() isn't specified anywhere.

I'd say we should go fix the "root bug" here. I'm grabbing the
current Fortress CVS, it shouldn't be too hard to duplicate the
bug...

/LS