avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: IOC policies
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 13:44:26 GMT

> From: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]
>
> Are you saying that you have a Component that implements the
> "Containment" pattern (as I dubbed it), meaning that you have
> developed a component that also happens to be a container?

I have though about this, and basically come up with one little
issue: We have so far assumed that service dependencies can be
declared at a Type level - i.e. it is a property of the component
itself, and not something that is configurable.

However, if the component is a container, the sub-components
inside it may have dependencies that cannot be satisfied by
sub-components but must be provided to the container-component
by its container.

This use case, where the dependencies of a component is determined
by the components inside it, isn't accounted for.

One solution is to subclass the container class and add deps
to the subclass.

/LS