avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Site] API docs
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:26:21 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:
>> to generate the docs. I stripped testcases for everything but
>> framework, phoenix & logkit. I figured it be good to keep some
>> testcases in because, well, one should know we do have testcases. (BTW
>> I seperated the targets out because it keeps the JVM within memory
>> constraints.)
>
> I agree that people should know we have testcases, but I would prefer
> to publish the reports generated by <junitreport> for that case.  That
> not only lets people know that we have testcases, but that the currently
> released product has passed those testcases.

good point. Added "remove testcases and put up junitreport" to my TODO :D

>>> Is there anything else we can think of to exclude from the JavaDocs
>>> on the web?  Should we limit the JavaDocs to only released products?
>>
>> My thinking is that javadocs for released products should be part of
>> the release, and that bleeding-edge javadocs should go on the website.
>> Whether javadocs for released products should also go on the
>> website....don't have a strong opinion. It's a pain to manage with CVS.
>
> That's true.  Is there anyway we can automatically generate JavaDocs in
> a weekly batch process on the server?

yes :D My plan is to either get gump to do this for us, or to set up a
crontab on an asf machine, or set up a crontab on a non-asf machine.
Still need to figure out which one :D

> Although, the truth is that I would prefer bleeding edge stuff to not
> be released on the web site because it is changing often, and it adds
> extra management that we can't really keep up with.

"automate everything" :D We'll get there.

cheers,

- Leo