avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Site] API docs
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 07:41:53 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Leo, I noticed that you have been putting in alot of effort to shape up
> the new avalon.apache.org site.  I offer my kudos and undying
> appreciation.

:D:D

> I noticed that within the JavaDocs there are some testcases (like
> metagenerate).  To reduce the bulk of the site we should exclude
> the test cases from the JavaDoc build process.  I am not sure
> exactly how the amalgamated JavaDoc is done, but I am sure we can
> exclude stuff like that.

there's an ant buildfile in jakarta-avalons-site. Run

ant javadocs
ant jdoconly

to generate the docs. I stripped testcases for everything but framework,
phoenix & logkit. I figured it be good to keep some testcases in
because, well, one should know we do have testcases. (BTW I seperated
the targets out because it keeps the JVM within memory constraints.)

> Is there anything else we can think of to exclude from the JavaDocs
> on the web?  Should we limit the JavaDocs to only released products?

My thinking is that javadocs for released products should be part of the
release, and that bleeding-edge javadocs should go on the website.
Whether javadocs for released products should also go on the
website....don't have a strong opinion. It's a pain to manage with CVS.

cheers,

= Leo