avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Remove all author tags from all source code files
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:41:59 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Well, I do want to interject that I got a publishing deal because of my
> Author recognition.  I am now a -0 on this approach. If I see an
> argument that I resonate with completely, I will switch to a full -1.
>
> -0

Removing the author tags creates a lot of social tension, as you have
seen in this discussion. To balance the scale there should be a
compelling advantage - but there isn't. The argument "pro removal"
centers on social issues just as the "against removal" arguments.

When there's social vs. social, the community loses, no matter which way
the vote goes. The only way to prevent community loss is to not make
such a proposal in the first place.

Just my $0.02,

Ulrich