avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: Sevak / Jetty / Serviceable
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:09:08 GMT
Paul Hammant wrote:

>> Ok... so who is going to call that deploy() method? And when?
>>
> You do, whenever you like ...
>
>  class MyBlock implements Serviceable {
>    pub void service(ServiceManager sm) {
>      Sevak sevak = sm.lookup(Sevak.ROLE);
>      sevak.deploy(blah, blah blah);        }
>  }

Paul, I'm not looking for code, I can write that myself :)

My problem is that I don't understand the high-level concept.

> Configuration as per normal blocks.
>
> Not wishing to be rude dude, a lot of the regular sevak stuff can be
> gleaned from the sevak demos ...
>
>   'ant -f sevak.xml sar'

Sorry Paul, but you keep referring to things in a non-formal way and I
am lacking the extra context knowledge to make a connection between what
you say and some object in the real world. For example:

I don't have a sevak.xml, just a jetty.xml and I built that SAR. It's
called sevak-jetty-demo.sar and it does NOT contain any of the code you
are referring to :)

> Sevak doing Serviceable servlet deployment in action can be seen in the
> EOB application.  Journey to Sourceforge's CVS to see it.

Ok, that is a non-formal pointer I can probably map to something real ;-)

Thanks for your help,

Ulrich