avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: Sevak / Jetty / Serviceable
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:15:59 GMT
Paul Hammant wrote:
>>Ok, so when the Webapp is initialized, it receives a ServiceManager and
>>could presumably use that to request services from Phoenix?
>
> It could be. It would depend on the use of deploy().
>
>>If that were the case, then I would have a ServiceManager available in
>>index.jsp - but I don't see one there. So where exactly do I have this
>>ServiceManager at my disposal?
>
> Ahh now, JSP might require some schenanigans with beans stored in session, and useage
of <useBean>
> to access it.

Ok, JSP may be a different beast, but how would I do it in a regular
servlet? I gather from your response that it has something to do with a
deploy() method. I saw an interface for that method in
MultihostSevak.java and Sevak.java - but where is the method implemented
and how do I get a ServiceManager there?

cheers,

Ulrich