avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [A4] Release Plan?
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:04:20 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Q: "Is the Avalon PMC able to define a coordinated Release of all the A4
> modules such that we know that they all work together?"

answering for myself only: not yet (lack of knowledge/experience)

I'll be reading your links.

> Subsequent to the Release, I would suggest that the Avalon Community
> consider how best to focus its resources.  From what I seem to be hearing
> from Paul and others regarding the state of the code and the possibilities
> for proper interoperation between A4 containers, I am beginning to believe
> that the best option is for the Community to put A4 in maintenance mode, and
> focus on A5.  But, again, that is something for the Avalon Community to
> decide after doing a Release.

be careful of using terms "A4" vs "A5". Most peeps here I think regard
"A5" as "where we introduce backwards-incompatible changes to
avalon-framework". As such, the idea is to keep avalon-framework stable
(and I think everyone agrees for that on logkit as well, but it's not
been discussed), while slowly putting other stuff in a maintaince mode
and work on "Avalon Container V".

I know the rest of the world has trouble making the distinction, but we
many times do.

cheers,

- Leo