avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject [a4:fortress] AbstractContainer
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 21:35:10 GMT
Hi gang,

should fortress's AbstractContainer be modified to more fully support a
lifecycle for its ComponentHandlers?

I'm looking at this code right now:

             ContainerUtil.contextualize( targetHandler, m_context );

             final DefaultServiceManager serviceManager =
                 new DefaultServiceManager( getServiceManager() );
             serviceManager.put( ObjectFactory.ROLE, factory );
             serviceManager.makeReadOnly();

             ContainerUtil.service( targetHandler, serviceManager );
             ContainerUtil.configure( targetHandler, configuration );
             ContainerUtil.initialize( targetHandler );

             if( targetHandler instanceof Instrumentable )
             {
                 final Instrumentable instrumentable =
(Instrumentable)targetHandler;
                 final String name = instrumentable.getInstrumentableName();
                 m_instrumentManager.registerInstrumentable(
instrumentable, name );
             }

I can see why there's no enableLogging() (a LoggerManager is used
instead), but should there be a possiblity for start() and stop()? If
not, the contract surrounding ComponentHandler needs to be updated (it
needs to be specified anyway, but I'm not sure what it should be).

cheers,

- Leo