avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal:Avalon Site] Take advantage of avalon.apache.org
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 12:57:38 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> We already have a webspace put up for us at http://avalon.apache.org/ and
> I think we should take the oportunity to start a migration over to the new
> location.

sounds good.

> The "avalon-site" module will contain the XDocs for the main Avalon site
> and PMC information.  We might even want to put our generic guides into
> that repository.  The look and feel and doc generation code will all reside
> in the "avalon-site" CVS module.

sounds good. I wanted to do that ages ago but basically felt the work
wasn't worth the benefit :D

> avalon-site (can be a simple rename of jakarta-avalon-site and manage the
>              change from there).

sounds good.

Don't think it matters as far as the site is concerned whether we move
other stuff to other repos as well; rename is good regardless. SoC you
know ;)

> Our releases will use the mirroring approach already outlined.

I just found the new ant download page. Pretty neat, will have to look
at this :D

OTOH, I wonder whether avalon downloads are a significant part of the
bandwidth usage :P

> Thoughts?

go for it! (Except for the giant-cvs-unification, which needs some more
thought an should be dealt with seperately regardless.)

cheers,

- Leo