avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Synchronizing James and Cornerstone
Date Sun, 12 Jan 2003 17:14:31 GMT
> > So any application that uses Cornerstone is, by that definition, not
> > intended to be portable?  If Stephen wants Cornerstone users to work
with
> > Fortress/Merlin, then he needs to do what, in your view, to obtain such
> > portability?

> This has been revisited numerous times now.  What will happen is Uber.
> Merlin does not have to emulate phoenix.  That it was possible is for
> history only.

Paul, I am not trying to raise old issues.  Stephen is trying, RIGHT NOW, to
have James running with containers other than Phoenix.  The James project
currently considers it desirable that we be able to support such efforts.
Now it may be the case that this isn't reasonable until A5 is ready, but if
Stephen wants to make changes in Fortress/Merlin, why would I find that an
issue?  All I asked is what Stephen would have to do.  You seem to be saying
that *if* Stephen wants to support James, then he has to emulate Phoenix.  I
presume that you refer to specific areas, not the entirety.  :-)

	--- Noel