avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Remove all author tags from all source code files
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 01:00:02 GMT
> Someone removed author tags--explicitly Peter D.'s.

Explicitly Peter's, or explicitly *everyone's*?  If the policy is applied
uniformly across all parts of the Community's resources, it can hardly be
considered a personal attack or slight.

> The important thing is that it is done *with* the author's
> consent.

The important thing is that it is done with the Community's consent.  This
is a policy matter, not a technical matter.  Veto does not apply.

As I understand it, the purpose of this dialog is to vote upon (and make
clear) a prior vote that had carried, but which some believe (and I haven't
looked to verify or not) applied only to part of the code base.  Nicola
indicates that the vote is rejected, and that the Avalon Community will
preserve author tags.  That is a Community decision.  One I hope it won't
come to rue, but one made by the Community.  :-)

	--- Noel