avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Useful feedback [was: Spice & Avalon synergy]
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 04:27:19 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 04:14, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > has been clear since the start of this episode.  Peter has had the right
> > air the issues in public, and has been invited to do so more than once.
He
> > has chosen not to do so.
> Actually you have seen more "useful" information on this list than I have
> previously. I don't even know if these are the "issues" as such but they
> can't be much more public than this.

OK, Peter, let's assume that you really don't know what issues the ASF Board
has that are behind their action.  You were told in no uncertain terms that
you had the right to make them public.  Since we are assuming that you
really don't know, are you willing to state now that you wish for Sam or
other representative(s) of the ASF Board to air those issues in public on
this list?

I don't know if they would take such action, or if they would send you an
e-mail that you could post yourself.  But the question is simple, and
requires nothing more than a binary, yes or no, response.

Honestly, Peter, I don't know what the issues are.  To a certain extent, I
don't care; they are none of *my* business.  But if it will help you and the
rest of the Avalon Community put this behind and move forward, fine.

> [Sam] outlined "acceptable choices" which must be
> adhered to if I want be back in. Hence the conclusion
> "there is little choice in the matter."

Just as a hypothetical, let's say that he said you couldn't issue death
threats.  Well, that would be acceptable, right?  And if he said that you
could never disagree with anyone, that would certainly be unacceptable.  So
in the case of Sam's examples, what specifically was unacceptable to you?
Again it really isn't my business, but somehow it seems that there is a
failure to communicate.

	--- Noel