avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Useful feedback [was: Spice & Avalon synergy]
Date Sun, 12 Jan 2003 17:14:31 GMT
Sam,

> > It is important because there is no certainty that Peter will be
> > allowed back, or that others are not under some invisble axe.

> To my knowledge, no others are under similar consideration

I believe that a stronger statement can be made.  I had specifically raised
that issue with ASF Chairman Greg Stein (yes, deliberately attributing the
role in context).  My e-mail to him, and his reply as the ASF Chairman, are
archived:

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=avalon-dev@jakarta.apach
e.org&msgNo=15085

I refer to the statement that "[Other Avalon Committers have] absolutely
nothing to worry about. Again, the action was not related specifically to
Avalon, so we aren't looking at other Avalon committers right now."

Your statement:

> Let me make this *EXTREMELY*CLEAR*:
> * If Peter wants this public, the board is ameanable.
> * If Peter wants this private, his wishes will be respected.

has been clear since the start of this episode.  Peter has had the right to
air the issues in public, and has been invited to do so more than once.  He
has chosen not to do so.

	--- Noel