avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [A4:Proposal][fortress] refactoring
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 02:12:27 GMT
On Monday, January 27, 2003, at 04:16  PM, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Ok.  I made Event independent of the Excalibur ThreadPool
> implementations.  Apparently Doug Lea's concurrent package has
> well tested thread pooling/executor framework.
>
> Fortress has one less dependency now.  (well, two if you count
> Thread-Context).

ack! you mean you just removed the ability of having the event package
sharing a common thread pool. (a phoenix app with a cornerstone thread
pool block feeding several other blocks that host fortress containers
or other blocks that have their own async queue's back by event).

I have no problem using Doug's library, but I would like to retain
compatibility with our thread pools.
-pete