avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Sutic <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] PMC Voting Process
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 20:49:48 GMT
OK, there seems to be consensus that we can restrict votes to PMC members
only for now, maybe changing that in another vote.

It is also my understanding that there is consensus that the vote
discussion can be held on the pmc list as well as the dev list.

Furthermore, we appear to have reached agreement on that -1's need not be
motivated, and that we need not explicitely state the powers of the Chair
regarding this objection:

"Voting requires discussion - but readiness for adoption is vauge and
missleading. If the chair deems that further discussion is required before
moving to a vote, the chair should be able to revert a vote to discussion."

I believe we resolved this by noting that the Chair can do so even without
an explicit authorization in the rules.

I'll try to merge what we have consensus on into an updated proposal
(should be done in about an hour, or I'll do it tomorrow).

/LS