avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [EXCALIBUR] converter
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 22:51:03 GMT

Mircea Toma wrote:

>Hi,
>

>>I thought that ECM had been updated to
>>handle this.
>>
>>Should this change be backed out?
>>

>I'm using Converter under Cocoon and I get a ClassCastException if the
>service doesn't implement the Component interface.

I'll defer to Berin on this point.

>>Am I missing something?
>>

>I don't know what is the problem. I didn't have time to look into it.

As I understand it - ECM handles this - which raises the question
concerning Cocoon/ECM synchronization.

>P.S.: I don't recall to have any problems with the dependencies. I can see
>that you fixed it :) but Gump still complains.

Because nobody has added the framework depedency declaration - but
before doing that I want to understand why it is necessary because in
principal is should not be but I don;t know the Cocoon ECM variant status.

Cheers, Steve.

>Mircea

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org