avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [A4] release plan thoughts
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 23:55:05 GMT

Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Ok.  Fortress dependencies have been simplified.  They are now:
>
> Jakarta Commons Collections

OK

> Doug Lea's Concurrency Utils

Need to get the manifest into something rationale before a release.

> Excalibur Event

More info needed from you - I'm feeling nervouse folowing recent changes
and comments.

> Excalibur SourceResolve

More work needed on examples, doc. and test case.

> Excalibur Logger

OK

> Excalibur Container (i.e. the lifecycle extensions)

Need to migrate to Sandbox Lifecycle.

> Excalibur Instrument**

-1
Problem until instrument provides plugable transpost or a RMI solution
is in place.

> Excalibur AltRMI

This is linked to Instrumentation if I understand correctly.  It is also
in under discussion as a incubator candidate.  I don;t want tto get into
a AltRMI depedency becauase of an Instrumentation dependenty.  I think
we need to sort the Instrumentation depedency first.

Cheers, Steve.

> That is all that is required.
>
> AltRMI is only needed for Instrument, so it is not a hard dependency.
> Everything other than Instrument and Container has been released.

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org
http://www.osm.net