avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: removal of http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-avalon/release/historic/
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 21:53:20 GMT

Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Leo Simons wrote:
>
>> Hi peeps,
>>
>> the daedalus machine is low on diskspace (there's like 1% left or so).
>> We need to be as conservative as possible and remove all avalon
>> materials no longer used. Can we move the materials in the
>> above-mentioned dir elsewhere? Is there other stuff that can go?
>>
>> I put them at
>> http://giraffe.student.utwente.nl/avalon/builds/release/historic/,
>> perhaps someone can also archive them elsewhere on a company machine
>> or something?
>
> Are dailies on there?  If so, we can remove those first.

Yes. We should keep only "real" releases.

> Any historic release that is pre 4.0 we can easily get rid of.
 >
> We can point to the location you listed and if there is no traffic
> at that location for a while we can nix it there.  I have a feeling
> that the historic releases are not needed anymore.

I disagree.

As Stefano said about Cocoon releases, the Avalon distribution is not
the lastest version, is the *entire* collection of releases.

All releases should remain where they are. Their size is not a problem,
and BTW the lastest deletes of 50% of some nightlies have reduces disk
space usage by 10%, so it's not an issue anymore.

What we should nix are the nightly builds, the builds put on
cvs.apache.org user accounts, etc. These should not be more than 6-7 at
a given time, and should be removed ASAP when they are not needed anymore.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -