avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [EXCALIBUR] event versioning
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:59:37 GMT
Mateusz Szczap wrote:
> [...]

1.0.1 is the latest release.  1.0.2 is the one that needs to be prepared
for a release.

Differences between 1.0a and 1.0.0 is that there were bug fixes, and it
was redesigned to work with the new Thread package (which I don't know
if that was ever released).

1.0a forked the Thread package into its own CVS so that there was no
dependency on the old Pool package.  As a result the forked version
was binary compatible with the old version with the exception of how
to set up the default thread pool.

1.0.0 reintegrated Excalibur Thread which has a new package and a
way to allow Event to supply its own ThreadPool.  There were some
bugs.  This is probably where the incompatibilities you are experiencing
were introduced.

1.0.1 was primarily a bug fix release based on some patches applied
by other users.

1.0.2 now no longer uses ThreadPool in favor of Doug Lea's concurrency
utilities.  The present integration of ThreadPool and Event proved to
be way too buggy.