avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Altrmi requires JDK 1.4 + license problem
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 21:30:35 GMT
Hi all,

While building Excalibur with JDK 1.3, I had an error on
AbstractSocketStreamSSHInvocationHandler in the
org.apache.excalibur.altrmi.client.impl.socket package : this classes
uses "new Socket()", which was protected up to JDK 1.4.

Is altrmi intended to run on JDK 1.4 only ?

Moreover, this class relies on JSch, which is LGPL, and AFAIK we cannot
include LGPL'ed libraries in Apache CVS repositories.

Sylvain