avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Avalon Logkit Build isn't working right
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:12:19 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote:

>On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 07:03:19PM -0800, Peter M. Goldstein wrote:
>

>>All,
>>
>>It appears that the intention of the Avalon logkit build is to detect the
>>presence of an appropriate log4j version, and warn you if one is not
>>present.  This appears to be broken.
>>
>>Ran the build, no warning, build failed.
>>

>Any interesting error messages?
>
>When log4j is absent, I get the warning message, but the build completes.

I've just updated and built logkit (no extra jars), then attempted to
build excalibur/logger - ite build puts up the message saying the log4j
isn't available but continues to build classes referencing log4j.

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file to
F:\dev\jakarta-avalon-excalibur\logger\build\classes
    [javac]
F:\dev\jakarta-avalon-excalibur\logger\src\java\org\apache\avalon\excalibur\logger\factory\LF5TargetFactory.java:59:

package org
.apache.log.output.lf5 does not exist
    [javac] import org.apache.log.output.lf5.LF5LogTarget;
    [javac]                                  ^
    [javac]
F:\dev\jakarta-avalon-excalibur\logger\src\java\org\apache\avalon\excalibur\logger\factory\LF5TargetFactory.java:84:

cannot reso
lve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class LF5LogTarget
    [javac] location: class
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.logger.factory.LF5TargetFactory
    [javac]         LF5LogTarget result = new LF5LogTarget();
    [javac]         ^
    [javac]
F:\dev\jakarta-avalon-excalibur\logger\src\java\org\apache\avalon\excalibur\logger\factory\LF5TargetFactory.java:84:

cannot reso
lve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class LF5LogTarget
    [javac] location: class
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.logger.factory.LF5TargetFactory
    [javac]         LF5LogTarget result = new LF5LogTarget();
    [javac]                                   ^
    [javac] 3 errors

Cheers, Steve.

>--Jeff
>

>>Ran the get Log4j target manually, ran the build, build succeeded.
>>
>>--Peter
>>

>--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org