avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] PMC Voting Process (version 2)
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:21:51 GMT

Leo Sutic wrote:

>I'm holding off a bit waiting for comments from Berin / Leo Simons /
>anyone else.
>
>Basically, your changes that fix mistakes and the ones that were
>related to the points I listed are fine. The changes that are
>merely stylistic I'd like to hold back for a little while - I
>don't want us to try to find the most beautiful text for this
>proposal. That said, I think at least some of your changes do
>clean things up.

That's cool - I have to confess that the repeated "[Waiting a bit with
this one. See below.]" had me ROTFL - but yes, Leo & Berin's feedback is
needed before rolling anything out.

Concerning the subject of quorum - if you go back to the current
procedures - it is the quorum value that qualifies the voting process
relative to the types of votes the the PMC get get into - normal vote:
quorum = 1/2, P&P vote: quorum = 2/3. If you fail to reach quorum - the
vote is not a vote - its not a yes, not a no, it just isn't.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org