avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Excalibur/Cornerstone/James woes
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:17:08 GMT

Guys:

It looks like my earlier note concerning success with James was
premature.  I'm back experiencing an loop inside James mail processing
and have not been able to isolate the problem.

Relevant points:

   1. build of James, Cornerstone and Excalibur related resources
      are all from current CVS
   2. James sources have been updated locally to support the service
      package (to sync with Cornerstone changes)

Some important notes:

   1. james extends several Cornerstone classes based on Cornerstone
      implementations from back in June and I suspect that there may
      be a runtime disconnect here somewhere
   2. problem occurs when running under Phoenix or Merlin so I think
      we can rule out containers as the issue

I've put up a log with full debug level on at the following URL:

   http://www.osm.net/technical/james/james-log.txt

Comments added to the log file are prefixed by ##.

In order to resolve this problem I would like to import the modified
James sources into avalon-sandbox to enable James and Avalon people to
dig into this.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell